A smog test is basically a test of a car and its engine emissions performed at a licensed smog test facility. The word “smog” is really a derivative of 2 words “smoke” and “fog”. The purpose of those smog tests is to safeguard public health and the environment in the harmful effects of air pollution. Smog could be emitted from other sources, some of which include industrial fumes, hairsprays and paints, and also auto emissions. But vehicles will be the most accountable culprits for this particular type of atmosphere pollution.
The harm smog causes into the surroundings can’t be over-stated; It is seriously harmful to human beings, animals, plants as well as nature as a whole. You might nevertheless be contemplating skipping seeing a smog station to get your vehicle tested because you see that the protocol included may be long and hectic; but you should not. Here are reasons why your vehicle ought to be “smogged”
1. To comply with the law: Smog evaluations are stipulated by the law And thus dodging them is an outright disobedience of law. And consequently it puts you in places where you may be having constant run-ins with law enforcement officials. You may spare yourself all of the hassle in the event that you just go for your smog test in a certified smog channel at the specified times. It is however prudent to know if your state requires a smog test and also the best way to find out is to visit your state’s DMV site.
2. To save lives: Obtaining a smog test means your vehicle has Been tested and found “innocent” of any smog emissions. Not obtaining a smog test consequently implies that your vehicle may be “guilty” of damaging smog emissions and this implies that you’d have been dispersing harmful chemicals from the air whenever you got on your car and took a walk, or even a trip. Smog causes many respiratory problems like coughs, throat discomfort and possibly asthma attacks. Smog can cause conditions which range from minor distress to mortal sinus diseases like lung cancer; it may also be accountable for irritation from the eye. The human body suffers great difficulty in protecting itself from harmful effects of smog.
3. To get better guarantees: Vehicles with high smog evaluations in California are given a 15 year/150000 mile warranty on their emissions method. This warranty guarantees that these vehicles will probably remain as clean in 15 years as it had been the day it was bought. And naturally when vehicles arrive with these kind of guarantees it broadens the market for this ; in the sense that the more buyers would be interested.
4. You help save the world: Smog tests have been discovered to help In reducing to 360 tons of air impurities every day. This technically Translates to lesser danger to humans, plants, creatures and to the Planet in the air. So when you visit smog stations regularly for your Smog checks you are less or more contributing your quota to keeping the Plant safe by ridding it of air pollutants.
Nevertheless there are vehicles which are exempted from smog inspections. Vehicles that have the following features:
- Gas powered 1975 year model or older
- Diesel powered 1997 year model and older or with a Gross Vehicle Weight rating (GVWR) of more than 14,000 pounds
- Natural gas powered with a GVWR score of over 14,000 lbs.
- Every other vehicle is required by law to be “smogged”.
You can save money on your next smog test with money saving coupons from Quality Smog.